The Toddler program at Fairmont Private School of Fresno offers a stimulating and nurturing environment for children ages 18 months to 30 months. Our teachers understand the importance of providing a developmental program that fosters the “whole child”. The Toddler Program focuses on activities to foster the child’s social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth of each individual child.
Daily Toddler Activities at Fairmont Private School
Daily activities for the Toddler include the following:
- Active and gross motor activities throughout the day including climbing structures, dancing and movement.
- Fine motor activities expose the Toddlers to puzzles, coloring, art, stacking toys, and exploratory sensory activities.
- Creative dramatics involves the Toddler in imagination activities, puppets, dolls, kitchen sets, work bench sets and “dress-up”.
- Language development is incorporated throughout the day through music and movement, finger-plays, literature, snack-time and play-time.
- Creative arts are offered through our weekly art class which allows the Toddler to explore art materials through sensory activities.
- Hands on learning is incorporated through every experience at Fairmont Private School.
Guiding Philosophy of the Toddler Program at Fairmont Private School
Our philosophy and core values are based on Arnold Gesell’s Theory of Child Development. We believe that all children grow and learn through similar and predictable sequences, though each child moves through these sequences at their own pace and in their own way. We nurture each child’s individual development.