We are looking forward to another epic Summer at the Fairmont Private School Summer Camp 2017
With Summer 2017 at our doorstep, we are preparing for an exciting, educational, and fun summer school class for Fairmont Private School of Fresno summer school students. Classes for students this year include:
- Science and Nature
- Math and Reading Enrichment
- Sports Clinic
- Arts and Crafts
- Games of Strategy
- Acting and Improvisation
- Show Tunes and Dance
Fun and learning do not end in the classroom. Inspirational field trips are planned for students to continue learning in new environments.
Field trips for 1st-5th Grades
Learning as a child takes place throughout childhood. The following field trips are scheduled for Fairmont Private School summer school students grades 1st through 5h:
- Fresno Chaffee Zoo: The zoo is a culminating activity for the Science and nature class. Campers will utilize their knowledge to identify animals and habitats
- Bowling at Fresno State: We have reserved the Fresno State Bowling Alley for our campers. We will practice our basic math skills by computing our scores and learn the sport of bowling,
- Miniature Golf at Blackbeards: Campers will practice their golf techniques and enjoy a delicious lunch at Blackbeards.
- Children’s Theatre: Campers will attend the performance of The Hunchback of Notre Dame as a culminating activity for our Acting and Show Tunes Classes. They will enjoy a live performance and critique the show
In addition field trips, Fairmont Private School Summer School will have guest speakers to present at assemblies for all of the children. Guests include:
- The Bubble Man: Uses bubbles to teach science concepts. Interactive activities involving giant bubbles.
- Visiting Chef: Visiting chef will cook with the children.
SUMMER SCHOOL CLASSES
Classes at Fairmont Private School Summer School are designed to educate, entertain and enjoy. Summer classes include:
Science and Nature
Campers will engage in hands on activities to learn about Physical science concepts, animal habitats, and the wilderness.
Math and Reading Enrichment
Campers will explore their favorite children’s books. Each book will be celebrated with special culmination activities involving cooking, art, and crafts.
Campers will learn the fundamentals to new sports and also have opportunities to enhance the sports they enjoy playing. Sports will include group games and individual activities.
Arts and Crafts
Campers will explore the art process through paint, ceramics, printing, paper mache, chalk, drawing, and natural elements.
Games of Strategy
Campers will enhance their critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities through board game opportunities.
Campers will plan and prepare culinary delights. The cooking experience will be enhanced through visits from local chefs.
Acting and Improvisation
For those campers that are natural born actors and actresses, they will have the opportunity to build their skills through improvisation activities, skits, costume design, and set building. The children will showcase their talents through a special presentation for their families and friends.
For those Campers that love to sing and perform, they will learn popular songs and showcase their talents at a special performance for their families and friends.
Many of our former student’s fondest memories are of Fairmont Private School Summer Camp. Classes are filling up fast so enroll now to secure your child’s spot today. You can also call (559) 226-2347 or schedule a tour today.